This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal – a hearty and delicious bowl of oats that tastes just like a blueberry muffin! It’s sprinkled with a walnut and brown sugar topping, then loaded with juicy fresh blueberries!
I probably buy blueberries more than any other fruit. My kids love them and eat them like they’re candy, which, hey, is cool by me! They also love oatmeal, which is the number-one requested breakfast from my two-year old. It’s very rare that she requests anything else. So, since I’m participating in the Quaker® “Bring Your Best Bowl” challenge, I decided to combine two of their favorite foods and make this Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal!
If you haven’t heard of the “Bring Your Best Bowl” challenge, let me tell you about it and how you can enter, too! All you have to do is go to the “Bring Your Best Bowl”challenge website, where you’ll share your unique idea for Quaker’s® next Oatmeal flavor, using between 2-5 ingredients. Top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016, and winning entries could also win $250,000! You can enter until March 12th and the winner will be announced later on in November.
Since oatmeal is such a staple in our house, I knew I wanted to participate in the challenge. Combining it with one of my kids’ favorite foods worked out well, because they devoured this!
I used Quaker® Quick 1 Minute Oats for this recipe and was able to pick them up on a Walmart run, along with all of the other ingredients I needed.
It’s all good, simple stuff in here: oats, milk, blueberry jelly, brown sugar, walnuts or almonds, and fresh blueberries.
Go here to find out more about the challenge and to get in on it yourself. And enjoy the oatmeal!
- ½ cup Quaker® Instant Oats
- ¾ cup milk or water
- 1 Tablespoon blueberry jelly
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts or almonds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- handful of fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine the oats and milk or water in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir, then cook over high heat for 2½ - 3 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed and oats are cooked. Stir in the blueberry jelly.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the top of the oatmeal then return the bowl to the microwave and cook over high heat for 30-45 more seconds. The brown sugar will caramelize into the top of the oatmeal.
- Splash with another tablespoon of milk if desired then sprinkle with fresh blueberries. Enjoy!