One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
This Italian Sausage Pasta is made in one pot and is a family favorite. Garlic, onions, sausage, and tomatoes are paired with delicious spaghetti, then all drenched in a creamy sauce and topped with gooey cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I’m bringing you a new recipe that I’m pretty proud of. This is one that was born out of equal parts necessity and laziness.
Necessity because we needed something for dinner quickly, and laziness because the thought of leaving the house to run to the grocery store or even to the drive thru was more than my sweatpants-clad self could bear.
I rifled through my pantry and fridge and realized I had similar ingredients to one of of our favorite easy dinners, One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Peppers Pasta.
I didn’t have any Rotel, but I did have a can of Italian style diced tomatoes, so I decided to create an Italian-inspired version.
I’ve made this pretty much weekly since then, and it’s become one of my kids’ favorite meals, especially my daughter. She calls it “yummy sausage spaghetti!”
How to make One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta – Step by Step
- Grab a large nonstick skillet and heat up a bit of olive oil over medium high heat. Cook your Italian Sausage until nicely browned, then add in some onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, and enjoy that heavenly aroma!
- Stir in some chicken broth, heavy cream, Italian diced tomatoes, and broken dry spaghetti noodles (I like to break mine into halves or better yet, into thirds.)
- Put a lid on top of the skillet and turn the heat to medium low. Let the pasta cook undisturbed for about 15 minutes, or until noodles are nice and tender. In the mean time, you could whip up and easy side dish like one of our faves, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus!
- Once the pasta is cooked through, stir in some mozzarella cheese until fully melted. Sprinkle some more on top, place the lid back on, and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is nice and gooey. Now you’re ready to eat!
More Delicious Italian Sausage Recipes
If you share this One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian-style sausage, sliced, (I use chicken or turkey sausage)
- 1 medium onion, , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces dry pasta, (I used spaghetti)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add the sausage to the pan. Cook until sausage is browned, then add the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes until onions are softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, diced tomatoes, and dry pasta to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir everything well. Turn the heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese, then place the lid back on the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was so easy & a Huge Hit for my entire family! Will definitely be making this again!! I used a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese in the recipe & topped (after cooked) with parmesian. It was Yummy!!
Yum this looks amazIng I am so excited to give this a try in my weekly line up!
First, I LOVE on pot meals. And this sounds so so good!
I love how this pasta cooks all in one pan. So simple and delicious.
I love one pot meals! This pasta looks absolutely scrumptious!
This sounds delicious and so easy to make! So delicious
I love one pot meals. So perfect for weeknight dining. The recipe looks simple and delicious, can’t wait to try it!
Easy, easy & just plain, simple & good! I only added red pepper flakes & a few fennel seeds…I usually use recipes for basic ideas create …pretty much..
new recipes. Also, I used Barilla GF linguini. We’ll have one this again! My husband is sneaking his 4th helping right now! Thank you!
Simple and easy…. I used ground mild itialian sausage and added itialian seasoning as well…..
Delicious, my husband said it was one of the best pasta dishes I have made and it was so simple
It was delicious! I have made it twice now.
Very good. Added a bit of Italian seasoning. Didn’t have Mozzarella so just a bit of Parmesan at the end. Easy too!
This was delicious! Will have it many times I’m sure. And so easy!
This was SOOOO amazing with hot sausage. And I used a bit less chicken stock. More like 1 2/3 cup. I added 1 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning. I also substituted almond milk for the heavy cream. AMAZING! And SO EASY! Definitely going to make this a couple times a month!
This was delicious and super easy! I had a bunch of fresh tomatoes I needed to use so substituted those for canned, used casarecce pasta, used chicken andouille sausage from Costco and topped with fresh basil. Served with an Alsatian Gerwurtzraminer and it was fabulous. My husband, 6 and 3 year old loved it.
This is delicious and easy! One pot and done! I followed the recipe the way it is and really enjoyed it. My husband and kids are a fan too. The only thing I’d add is some Italian seasoning. But that’s a personal preference. This will be a repeat recipe in our home!
This is such a delicious and quick pasta recipe! It is quickly becoming one of our very favorites!
I made this last night and my husband said it is something he definitely would eat again. I took the sausage out of the casing instead of slices. I also added fresh sliced mushrooms and frozen spinach and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. I didn’t use any tomatoes. Will make again for sure 👍👍.
Oooo, totally saving this recipe! This looks delicious and love that it’s simple too!
Yummy! I’d love to try this! Sounds easy and delicious!
Just wanted to say Thank you for this recipe. This is my second time making it. My family loves it.
Yum, we do love pasta dishes! I’ll have to make this one evening for sure.
This looks like the perfect meal for me! I love creamy pasta, and Italian sausage, spicy, please! Can’t wait to try this recipe.
So many of my favorite things together!! And who doesn’t love a one pot meal! YUMMMM
This is a great recipe I drained the tomato’s and added some Italian all spice’s also I added zucchini and squash to recipe, make sure to added them when noodles are halfway done or they will cook up.
Just made this today and it was so delicious! Instead of mozzarella cheese I used 6 blend cheese and some fresh grated mozzarella! So cheesy and yummy! My son asked me if we could make it more often!
Made this tonight and loved it! We only had a block of cheddar so we used that for the cheese and it turned out really good. Added some Italian seasoning along with the garlic. I’ll be saving this to make again!