Barbecue Football Mini Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup of egg substitute
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce for topping
- 1 individual package of string cheese or mozzarella slices
In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt, pepper and chili powder. Stir until well blended.
Next, stir in the onion, saltine crackers and brown rice. Add ground beef and mix thoroughly.
Divide the ground beef mixture into four equal parts. Mold each part into a football shape by hand and transfer it to an ungreased loaf pan.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top each football meatloaf with barbecue sauce and strips of mozzarella or string cheese to form laces. Bake 5-10 minutes longer until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 1371mg | Potassium: 668mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3.9mg