Pumpkin Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars
I have made these Pumpkin Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars SO many times for friends and family! I get asked for the recipe constantly!
Servings 18 bars
- 1 16.5 oz package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper (this helps make it easier to lift the bars from the pan for cutting).
Spread 2/3 of the sugar cookie dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Spread evenly and press down firmly to make the crust.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar and beat over medium speed with an electric mixer. Add the egg, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree and beat until smooth. Pour over the sugar cookie crust.
Crumble the remaining sugar cookie dough in small chunks over the top of the cheesecake filling, then evenly sprinkle the cinnamon chips on top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden and edges are set. Allow to cool completely before transferring the pan to the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours (this helps the bars to set). Store bars in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Line your baking pan: for easier removal and cutting of your pumpkin cheesecake bars, line your pan with parchment paper that overhangs on the sides. This will allow you to "lift" the bars out of the pan and slice them easily.
- How to store: once the bars have cooled completely, cover them tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Alternative to cinnamon chips: sometimes cinnamon chips can be challenging to find. They are usually easier to find around Thanksgiving and Christmas at your local grocery store, though other times of the year they might be more elusive. I've found them at Walmart, Kroger, and H-E-B. If you aren't able to find any, no worries! You can replace them with white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- How to freeze: Prepare as instructed, then allow the bars to cool completely. Place the pan of bars in the refrigerator for at least four hours, then cover tightly with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the bars overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- How to make gluten free: In order to make these bars gluten free, all you need to do is use a gluten free sugar cookie mix. Here is one you can purchase at the store to whip up quickly, or this recipe for a homemade gluten free sugar cookie dough would work well also.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 112mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1335IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg