Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars
These Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate dessert! A layer of sugar cookies followed by a cheesecake filling, all on top of an irresistible Golden Oreo crust. You will LOVE these!
Servings 16 bars
- 24 Golden Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16.5 oz) package prepared sugar cookie dough
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11x7 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Crush Golden Oreo cookies in a large, resealable zip top bag with a meat mallet or large soup can. (You could also crush them using your blender or food processor.) Combine the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, mixing until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
In a separate medium sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until nice and smooth. Spread over the top of Oreo crust.
Remove cookie dough from package and use your hands to flatten small clumps to cover the cheesecake filling. Continue adding flattened pieces of cookie dough until the top is completely covered. You may have some dough left over to make cookies with, or just to snack on. :)
Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until top is set and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before slicing to help bars set up completely. If you're like me, taking a warm gooey slice is perfectly acceptable before doing that step, though! Enjoy!
Adapted from my Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars recipe
- Line your baking pan: for easier removal and cutting of your sugar cookie cheesecake bars, line your pan with parchment paper that overhangs on the sides. This will allow you to “lift” the bars out of the pan and slice them easily.
- Topping: I like to add some multicolored sprinkles to the top of the bars when they come out of the oven for little bit of color, but that's totally optional!
- How to store: once the bars have cooled completely, cover them tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- How to freeze: Prepare as instructed, then allow the bars to cool completely. Place the pan of bars in the refrigerator for at least four hours, then cover tightly with both plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the bars overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- How to make gluten free: In order to make these bars gluten free, all you need to do is use a gluten free sugar cookie mix. Here is one you can purchase at the storeto whip up quickly, or this recipe for a homemade gluten free sugar cookie doughwould work well also.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 81mg | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg