Mexican Three Bean Salad
This Mexican Three Bean Salad is chock full of veggies, protein-rich beans, and southwest flavor. Enjoy it as a side dish for Taco Night, OR make it the main event by stuffing it into tortillas for a delicious meatless meal!
Servings 10 servings
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- avocado, diced
In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, bell peppers, red onion, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and pepper.
Pour dressing over beans and veggies, and mix well. Chill for at least 3-4 hours before serving. Add in diced avocado, if desired right before serving.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3.6mg