Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
This Strawberry Spinach Salad makes a delicious addition to the dinner table. The homemade poppy seed dressing is the perfect way to toss it all together!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesamee seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned, hulled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans optional
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and pecans. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 4490IU | Vitamin C: 106mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2.7mg