Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers - a delicious, low carb dinner that is full of the Mexican flavors you love! Once you try this healthy twist, you won't even miss the tortillas!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 medium bell peppers, any color (I used orange, red, and yellow)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Remove stems from peppers, slice in half lengthwise and and scrape out membranes and seeds. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and 1/2 cup of the Monterrey Jack cheese. Mix everything together well.
Pour chicken broth into the bottom of prepared pan. Spoon the chicken enchilada filling evenly into the pepper halves and place in the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the tops of the stuffed peppers.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until peppers are soft and cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomato, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 887mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2510IU | Vitamin C: 85.1mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2.2mg