Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Chili
This Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Chili is so delicious and easy to make. It's packed with bacon, beans, chicken, and plenty of smoky chipotle flavor that tastes warm and comforting on a cold day!
Servings 7 servings (1.5 cups each)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces (I use thick cut)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth (I use low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons jarred diced chipotle chiles
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- chopped cilantro for serving, optional
- diced avocado for serving, optional
Turn the Instant Pot to saute and cook the chopped bacon until fat renders and it begins to crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and red bell pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes more.
Add the butter and stir until melted. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and bacon, and cook stirring constantly for one minute so that flour doesn't. burn. Stir in the chicken broth, chipotle chiles, green chiles, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, chicken breasts, and beans.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the vent valve to "sealing." Cook over manual high pressure for 12 minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes perform a quick release.
Once the steam has completely released and the pin has dropped on the lid, open the lid and remove the chicken breasts to a plate or cutting board. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks then return to the pot with the heavy cream and cheeses. Turn the pot back to saute and cook for 5-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and soup is thickened and creamy. Serve, and sprinkle each bowl with chopped cilantro and diced avocado if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 1297mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1480IU | Vitamin C: 36.9mg | Calcium: 353mg | Iron: 4mg