Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili is one of the easiest and most delicious meals you will ever make! It's a simple, flavorful, dump and go recipe, and is a family favorite. Serve over rice or on its own!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can whole kernel corn undrained
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot. Top with the black beans, corn, salsa, ranch seasoning, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir everything well.
Place the block of cream cheese on top, then place lid on the crockpot. Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
Remove chiken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks. Return to the pot and stir everything well, evenly incorporating the cream cheese. Serve on its own or over rice, topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro if desired.
- I only recommend using full fat or 1/3 less fat cream cheese in this recipe. Fat free cream cheese won't melt and incorporate into the chili properly.
- You can substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the salsa if you prefer.
- I use and recommend low sodium black beans to cut down on the saltiness of the recipe.
- This recipe freezes well! Just defrost in the refrigerator and either heat using your microwave, or warm up either in your crockpot using the "warm" or "low" setting, or you can heat on the stove over low heat.
- We love to eat this over rice with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and diced avocado on top!
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 890mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg