Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Blackberry Cobbler is the ultimate summer dessert. Fresh juicy blackberries are baked into a luscious filling, then topped with a golden, sweet biscuit topping. This southern dessert is perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Servings 8 servings
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a deep dish pie plate or 13x9 inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
Combine the blackberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix until the berries fully absorb the sugar and are evenly coated. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Beat the melted butter, sugar, and egg in a medium sized bowl until combined. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and beat just until combined. Spread the batter evenly over the top of the blackberries, using the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula to help spread out the batter.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!
- This can be made with frozen blackberries. Add them in just like the fresh berries. No need to thaw.
- Most cobbler are best if they are eaten the same day they are made, but any leftovers you have can be stored covered on the kitchen counter for up to three days.
- This Blackberry Cobbler can be frozen. Bake the cobbler as written and allow it to cool completely, then wrap tightly in both plastic wrap and foil and store in the refrigerator for up to three months. Allow to thaw partially in the refrigerator (about 1-2 hours) and then warm the cobbler in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through and bubbly.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 577IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg