This Cheesy Sausage and Peppers Pasta is made in one pot and is one of our dinner time favorites. It’s full of juicy sausage, veggies, and pasta, all drenched in a creamy sauce and topped with melty cheese!
Hey y’all and happy August! Can you believe it’s back-to-school time again? This summer has felt like a combination of “zipping by so fast” intermixed with days of “moving at a snail’s pace” for me.
Anyone else got a crew of rowdy kids that you’re ready to send back to the schoolhouse?
And because of that, my hat goes off to all of the amazing teachers out there who are headed back to the classroom to wrangle those said rowdy kiddos. Y’all are amazing, and I’ve been in your shoes! I hope your school year is a great one and you know how much you’re appreciated!
I am looking forward to school starting back, as I like routine and we haven’t had a whole lot of that this summer. Which isn’t exactly a bad thing because we’ve had a lot of fun little adventures and have made some good memories together.
And though I will miss the kids (for the most part????) it will be nice to have a regular schedule again, and more time to work and cook up recipes for y’all!
And because of the busy-ness that comes with the back-to-school season, easy dinner recipes are a necessity! I’m a huge fan of one pot recipes because I hate dishes, and this cheesy sausage and peppers pasta is perfect for minimizing your time spent cleaning up afterwards.
My kids LOVE this recipe, and that’s saying a lot! They love sausage, and peppers are one of their favorite veggies, so they scarf this down. The cheesy sauce makes this creamy and delicious, and I bet it will be a favorite with your family, too!
One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Peppers Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced (I use chicken or turkey sausage)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 can Rotel (I use mild)
- 8 ounces dry pasta (I used farfalle)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for topping
- 2 green onions for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add the sausage to the pan. Cook until sausage is browned, then add the chopped onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes until vegetables are softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Rotel, and dry pasta to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir everything well. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese, then place the lid back on the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and chopped green onions if desired. Enjoy!
If you like this One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta, then you might also like: