These Taco Sloppy Joes are the perfect mix of two dinnertime favorites! They are quick, easy to make, and a total crowd pleaser. Load them up with your favorite toppings and serve for an awesome dinner or for parties and tailgates!
My kids and I like to play something we call the “Favorites Game” when we are trying to pass the time. It’s a pretty simple activity and not so much a game, even though that’s what we call it. ????
Basically we take turns asking each other what our favorite things are. I might start by asking them what their favorite book is. After everyone answers, then the next person will go and ask whatever they choose. Examples might include favorite color, ice cream flavor, movie, superhero, Disney princess, dessert, outside activity, holiday, place that we’ve lived, etc. We do it a lot when we are waiting somewhere, like at the doctor’s office or at a restaurant.
It’s a fun game to play because it keeps them occupied for a little while, and I enjoy hearing what their favorite things are since they actually change pretty frequently! The kids think it’s funny though because my answers usually stay the same, and they actually like to guess what all of mine are because they remember them. The one they NEVER forget is my favorite food/dinner: TACOS!
I love tacos of any form, and I’ve become especially taco obsessed ever since we moved to Texas. The taco options here are out of this world, with so many fun and delicious variations. And because I’m taco obsessed, I make them at home a lot and I also like to try different ways of preparing them. Like these super yummy and crazy easy Taco Sloppy Joes!
To make the meat for these Taco Sloppy Joes, you only need five ingredients. Scoop it on to some buns and add your favorite taco toppings at the end, and dinner is DONE! If you need a super easy side dish to go with them, check out my Mexican Black Beans recipe. Enjoy!
More Delicious Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Pot Pie with Crescent Roll Crust
- One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin
- Bourbon Chicken
Taco Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion,, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- buns,, for serving
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
- Brown ground, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 5 more minutes until mixture has thickened and is heated through. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency. Serve over hamburgers buns and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream. Enjoy!
If you like these Taco Sloppy Joes, then you might also like: