One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
This Italian Sausage Pasta is made in one pot and is a family favorite. Garlic, onions, sausage, and tomatoes are paired with delicious spaghetti, then all drenched in a creamy sauce and topped with gooey cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I’m bringing you a new recipe that I’m pretty proud of. This is one that was born out of equal parts necessity and laziness.
Necessity because we needed something for dinner quickly, and laziness because the thought of leaving the house to run to the grocery store or even to the drive thru was more than my sweatpants-clad self could bear.
I rifled through my pantry and fridge and realized I had similar ingredients to one of of our favorite easy dinners, One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Peppers Pasta.
I didn’t have any Rotel, but I did have a can of Italian style diced tomatoes, so I decided to create an Italian-inspired version.
I’ve made this pretty much weekly since then, and it’s become one of my kids’ favorite meals, especially my daughter. She calls it “yummy sausage spaghetti!”
How to make One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta – Step by Step
- Grab a large nonstick skillet and heat up a bit of olive oil over medium high heat. Cook your Italian Sausage until nicely browned, then add in some onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, and enjoy that heavenly aroma!
- Stir in some chicken broth, heavy cream, Italian diced tomatoes, and broken dry spaghetti noodles (I like to break mine into halves or better yet, into thirds.)
- Put a lid on top of the skillet and turn the heat to medium low. Let the pasta cook undisturbed for about 15 minutes, or until noodles are nice and tender. In the mean time, you could whip up and easy side dish like one of our faves, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus!
- Once the pasta is cooked through, stir in some mozzarella cheese until fully melted. Sprinkle some more on top, place the lid back on, and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is nice and gooey. Now you’re ready to eat!
More Delicious Italian Sausage Recipes
If you share this One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian-style sausage, sliced, (I use chicken or turkey sausage)
- 1 medium onion, , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces dry pasta, (I used spaghetti)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add the sausage to the pan. Cook until sausage is browned, then add the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes until onions are softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, diced tomatoes, and dry pasta to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir everything well. Turn the heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese, then place the lid back on the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Made this tonight with just a few changes, and my men love it! Had to cook spaghetti a little longer, but it came out delicious!
(I used a chicken/spinach/feta sausage and added some rinsed kalamata olives)
Making this tonight for dinner!
This is an easy one-pot meal that is perfect for busy nights. The heavy cream adds a creaminess that is so good.
My daughter made this for us after I pulled the recipe last week and it was delicious! We added a little more cream and some crushed tomatoes for more sauce. Will definitely add this to our regular menu. The whole family loved it!
This was a very simple one dish dinner, and I love one dish dinners. Meals that make a pile of dishes do not make me happy unless it’s a very special occasion, and even then, I’m still not real happy with the pile of dishes. That being said, one dish dinners also mean it’s quick and easy. Not only that, but it was very yummy and only calls for simple readily available ingredients. The only thing I changed, was I used Italian chicken sausage with excellent results. The kids and I enjoyed this dish very much with some garlic bread on the side.
This is excellent! Delicious recipe with no changes necessary.
Made this tonight & was thrilled that I had all the ingredients on hand. Everyone loved it!!!! The kids rated it 5/5 stars and so did the parents. I’ll need to double the recipe next time so I can have leftovers….