Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
This Slow Cooker Taco Soup is so delicious and easy to throw together. It’s perfect for busy days, lazy weekends, and everything in between! It’s always a crowd pleaser, especially on a chilly day!
This post may contain affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall has officially hit, y’all!
I know in many parts of the country it might not feel that way, but I’m going to officially declare that soup season is now in session, because that’s one of the things I look forward to the most when it comes to fall.
There’s just something comforting about a big, steamy bowl of soup, and this Slow Cooker Taco Soup is no exception.
If you’re familiar with my blog, then you might know that I have a deep love for all things tacos. They are most definitely my favorite food, so it’s only fitting that I usher in “soup season” on Belle of the Kitchen with a special nod to them.
And of course, it must be made in one of my fave cooking devices, too. I mean, what would I do without my slow cooker?!
How to make Slow Cooker Taco Soup – Step by Step
- Cook your ground beef, onions, and garlic together in a large skillet. Once the meat is brown and the onions are soft, drain the grease and transfer the meat to your slow cooker.
- Add in all of the other ingredients for the soup and stir together well.
- Place the lid on top and cook the soup over low heat for 6-8 hours or on hight heat for 3-4 hours.
- Once it’s done cooking and you’re ready to eat, dish it out into bowls and load them up with whatever toppings you like! I love to add shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and Fritos to mine!
More Awesome Slow Cooker Recipes
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Crockpot Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Pulled Pork with Root Beer Sauce
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream
- corn chips
- chopped cilantro
- chopped avocado
- Slow Cooker
- Crumble ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medum high heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until beef is browned and onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Drain grease.
- Transfer the cooked meat to the bowl of your slow cooker (mine is 6 quarts.) Add in the fire roasted tomatoes, chili beans, black beans, tomato sauce, green chiles, corn, taco seasoning, and chicken broth. Stir everything well.
- Place the lid on top and cook the soup for 6-8 hours over low heat, or 3-4 hours on high heat. Serve with optional toppings sprinkled on top of each bowl of soup. Enjoy!
If you like this Slow Cooker Taco Soup, then you might also like:
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is the best!!’ Love it
Yumm this looks so good! I need to make this. adding it to my list to make
wow! something different but definitely worth trying! delish!