Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Recipe
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas – Flavorful, juicy pork that cooks all day in your crockpot. Serve over corn tortillas with all of your favorite toppings for a delicious, easy dinner.
Hey there, friends. I’ve got a quick post for y’all today. We have family in town, so we are enjoying playing tourist and showing them around the island.
Today we went and toured Kualoa Ranch and got to see some of the places where big movies were filmed, including “Jurassic World!” I can’t brag too much about that one, though, since I haven’t even seen the movie yet. 😉
We did see locations from “50 First Dates” and part of the submarine out of “Lost,” which was pretty cool, too!
Even though I’m kind of taking a blogging vay-cay right now, I still wanted to get this slow cooker pork carnitas recipe out to y’all today because I’m pretty excited about it.
Carnitas are something I crave, so after playing around with this recipe and getting it the way I like, I’m glad I can make these at home instead of always relying on my favorite Mexican food truck! 😉
Traditionally, slow cooker pork carnitas are a little crispy so you can always broil these in the oven after you cook them in the crockpot. I don’t mind them being juicy, so I tend to skip that. Totally up to you, though!
Serve these in some corn tortillas with whatever toppings you’d like. A little cabbage slaw, avocado, cilantro, salsa, etc. are all good!
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- 2-3 pounds boneless pork roast,, cut into 3-4 large pieces
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves,, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce,, chopped + 2 tsp sauce from can
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- With a sharp knife, trim excess fat from pork. Liberally season all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and chili powder. Sprinkle evenly over all sides of pork.
- Add chicken broth, chipotle peppers, and sauce to bowl of slow cooker. Place pork on top and cover with lid. Cook on low heat for 8 hours, until pork is tender.
- Shred pork and mix with remaining juices and chopped cilantro. Serve over corn tortillas with salsa, avocado, and more cilantro if desired.
If you like these Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas, then you might also like:
Chipotle Pork Carnitas Burritos Bowls
Thank you for this recipe. I made this for dinner, and it was DELICIOUS!
The carnitas just looks really great! A picture I can taste! I’m gonna try this soon.
These look amazing! And love that it’s a relatively easy dish to make. It’s always fun to experience your own town like a tourist (and Lost was one of my favorite shows)!
we love easy and quick recipes, I just need the slow cooker now XD
These look so good. I have a pork recipe I’ve used for years and it’s really good, but it’s the only one I have so we tire of it. This will be a great new recipe to try to change it up a little!
Great recipe! Served with black beans, red rice and a slew of topping choices. Doubled it to feed our family (hubby, eight blessings and me) and had zero leftovers. Thanks for sharing
These look great we love slow cooker meals!
God, this looks delicious! The presentation is especially wonderful.
Oh, yummy! I never have thought to do this… it looks amazing!
Why is there garlic listed in ingredients but not mentioned in recipe? I don’t think it’s needed but curious where the mistake is. Great recipe, have made many times.
These are great! For the nutritional facts, what are you considering a serving?
Great in the instant pot. Took 90 minutes and pork came out so tender and juicy.
I love this recipe, have madenit many times! My family likes to make bowls with it…rice with pork and toppings…SO GOOD. I dont always brown the pork if I am short on time amd it still comes out perfect. I have one question though….what do you do with the chopped garlic cloves? Maybe I missed it, but I dont see them mentioned in the recipe??
I love carnitas! I also love the addition of Chipotle peppers in this. So yummy!
Gosh these look so juicy and delicious! I love that these carnitas are made in slow cooker, I can almost taste them.
So glad you stepped back from your vacay to share these because they are amazing! I like mine a little crispy so a quick run under the broiler was perfect!
This looks so delicious. Will have to make since it is so easy.
Slow Cooker Carnitas, sign me up! I’ll have to whip up some tacos this week and have them in my gluten-free tortillas! Yum!