Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Potatoes Bake – all you need is a sheet pan and a few simple ingredients to make this Italian Sausage and Potatoes Bake! This recipe is delicious, easy, and perfect for busy nights.
Today’s recipe is all about simplicity, which I’m sure a lot of us need and appreciate on busy weeknights. Right now I’m trying to make easy dinner recipes in order to help stave off visits to the nearest drive-thru when my exhaustion takes over in the evenings! Which happens more than I’d probably like to admit.????
Wednesdays are particularly challenging, because I have three different school drop-offs and then pickups for my kids. After school my daughter has ballet, and starting next week my oldest will have soccer practice directly after that!
By the time we get home, I’m absolutely beat and have zero desire to do pretty much anything, especially cooking! And I bet a lot of you feel the same way, and probably have even more crazy schedules than mine!
But even on nights when we aren’t so busy, or on weekends when we have more free time, I don’t always like creating a big mess with lots of dishes to wash. Or preparing a main dish and sides, too. Or just spending a lot of time in the kitchen when I could be doing something more fun, like playing with the kids, or laying on the couch in my pj’s watching Netflix. ????
For all of those reasons, sheet pan dinners like this Italian Sausage and Potatoes Bake are a saving grace. Your veggies and main dish cook altogether, on one pan. I line my sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper to make cleanup even easier.
Plus, if you want to skip out on washing a bowl, mix all of your ingredients together in a large ziploc bag and throw the bag away when you’re done! Easy!
More Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Bowls
Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Potatoes Bake
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced , (I used Italian style chicken sausage)
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes,, washed and chopped
- 1/2 large onion,, chopped into large pieces
- 8 oz fresh green beans,, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (1 oz) packet dry Italian dressing mix
- salt and pepper, , to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, potatoes, green beans, olive oil, Italian dressing mix, and salt and pepper. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring ingredients once or twice during cooking.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese melts. Serve and enjoy!