This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus is made with just a few simple ingredients and makes a perfectly delicious side dish for any meal!
I love vegetables. I could eat them all day and with every meal if I had the time to prepare them.
Yes, I know that sounds like the craziest statement ever. I mean, who goes around declaring their love for vegetables as if it’s the same as iced coffee, pizza, or chocolate cake?! Well, maybe I should be a little more specific. I love roasted vegetables.
There is just something magical that happens to vegetables when you pop them in the oven and roast them. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in veggies, cuts out the bitterness, and automatically makes them 100 times more delicious.
Garlic and parmesan are two of my favorite ingredients to add to just about any kind of savory recipe, so tossing them in with my asparagus was a no-brainer. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper, then spritz with some olive oil and you are good to go.
I prepare my roasted asparagus on the same cookie sheet that it bakes on. I can’t stand extra dishes to wash, so if a recipe allows a short-cut, I go for it!
Just mix everything together on top of the aluminum foil lined pan then spread it out and bake for about 8 minutes.
If you go any longer than that, the asparagus gets too soft for my liking. I like it to be a little bit crisp and not mushy.
I originally shared this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus over at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. While I was there, Carrie was visiting here and sharing her recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Go check it out if you haven’t had a chance to yet!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Rinse the asparagus and trim off woody end pieces. Spread out in a thin layer on top of the prepared cookie sheet.
- Spray the asparagus lightly with a coat of olive oil spray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Use your hands to mix the asparagus with all of the ingredients, then lay out into an even layer again. Spray with one more light coat of olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!