Italian Green Beans
Italian Green Beans are an easy and flavorful side dish. With less than five ingredients and only 15 minutes to bake, these go perfectly with any meal!
Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables.
They rank right up there with broccoli and Brussels sprouts, all of which I love freshly roasted, right out of the oven.
These Italian Green Beans are roasted as well, marinated in Italian dressing, then sprinkled with parmesan cheese right before serving. They are super easy and so delicious. I make them a lot to serve with roasted chicken or pork tenderloin, but they are a great match for almost any main dish!
Ingredients for Italian Green Beans
- fresh green beans
- Italian seasoning
- Italian salad dressing
- grape tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Italian Green Beans – Step by Step
Step 1: Preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: Bake
Add the green beans to the pan and toss with the Italian seasoning and dressing. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Serve
Add the tomatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Yes, frozen green beans will also work. I do not recommend using canned green beans, however.
Yes, Italian Green Beans are also easy to make on the stove, although you will need to steam them or boil them for a few minutes first to soften them. After they have been cooked until fork tender, add a little olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans and stir for one minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Any kind of Italian dressing will work, though I do like a Zesty Italian.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I love to hear from you and always appreciate your feedback!
Italian Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add the green beans to the pan and toss with the Italian seasoning and dressing. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!