These Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are made with pudding, pumpkin, whipped cream and cookies. They’re a special fall dessert idea for Halloween, Thanksgiving or a fall dinner party!
Hello Belle of the Kitchen readers and happy fall! I’m Carrie from Kenarry: Ideas for the Home where we share DIY projects, crafts and recipes for families. Each month, Ashlyn and I swap “ideas for the kitchen” to bring you delicious new recipe ideas. When we talked about what kind of recipes we wanted to trade in October, the choice was obvious: PUMPKIN! I’ve brought over yummy Pumpkin Pie Parfaits made with pudding, pumpkin, whipped cream and cookies. They’re a special fall dessert idea for Halloween, Thanksgiving or a fall dinner party.
While I’m here with you today, Ashlyn is over at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home sharing her delicious recipe for Pumpkin Sheet Cake. She’ll share it with you here in a few weeks, but if you love pumpkin as much as we do and want the recipe sooner, you can head over to Kenarry to grab it.
One of my absolute favorite things about fall are pumpkins. I love the rustic orange color and the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting through the house. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bars, pumpkin breads, pumpkin carving, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin home decor… I could go on and on. My kitchen walls are even a warm, pumpkin color!
The quintessential pumpkin dessert of the season of course, is pumpkin pie. You’ll find it at nearly every Thanksgiving table in North America this fall. I thought it would be really fun to take this traditional dessert and give it a special little twist. These Pumpkin Pie Parfaits have all the flavor you love about pumpkin pie wrapped up in a cute little half pint jar.
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are really easy to make ahead of time for your Halloween or Thanksgiving party. With layers of pumpkin spiced pudding, whipped topping and cookie crumbs, the Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are a delicious treat your friends will love!
You start by combining vanilla pudding with a can of pumpkin and some traditional pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
Next you thaw a small tub of frozen whipped topping, crush some vanilla sandwich cookie crumbs and line up nine half pint jars.
Layer the ingredients in half pint jars starting with the crushed cookie crumbs, followed by pumpkin spiced pudding and whipped topping. The layers don’t have to be precise amounts. I used a few teaspoons of cookie crumbs, a large tablespoon or two of pumpkin spiced pudding and about one and a half tablespoons of whipped topping for each of the layers.
Repeat the layers of cookie crumbs, pumpkin spiced pudding and whipped topping twice in the jars. Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs on the top as a little garnish.
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
- 1 - 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 - 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup of vanilla sandwich cookies,, 8 oz
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping,, thawed
- 9 - 1/2 pint jars or 8 oz. glasses
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Crush the vanilla sandwich cookies in a blender or food processor to make crumbs.
- In small 1/2 pint jar or glasses layer cookie crumbs, pumpkin pudding and whipped topping. Repeat the layers twice and end with cookie crumbs.
- Chill until you're ready to serve. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions for Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are a crowd pleasing dessert. Here a few alternative ideas for how you could serve them:
- Instead of topping the Pumpkin Pie Parfaits with cookie crumbs, you could use fall colored sprinkles, candy corns or crushed nuts like pecans or walnuts to decorate the parfaits.
- Mix crushed peanuts with the cookie crumbs to enhance the nutty flavor of the Pumpkin Pie Parfaits.
- Tie a little raffia ribbon around the top of the jars to give them some rustic style for your dinner party.
- Instead of the half pint jars, you could also use 8 ounces glasses or dress up the Pumpkin Pie Parfaits by using wine glasses or champagne flutes.
- If you’re short on time or planning for more than nine guests, you could layer the pumpkin spiced pudding, cookie crumbs and whipped topping in a large trifle bowl. It would still look festive and your guests could scoop it into small dessert bowls themselves.
What’s your favorite pumpkin dessert for fall? Please comment below and share. Ashlyn and I love pumpkin and are always looking for new ideas!
If you liked this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Parfaits, please share it with your friends or pin it for later:
You may also enjoy these fall treats on Kenarry: Ideas for the Home —
Carrie is the chief writer, crafter and cook at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home where she and her husband create and curate ideas you’ll find useful for your home. She’s an optimist by nature and enjoys sharing recipes, trying new craft ideas, planning for parties and events as well as organizing and decorating. Carrie’s passion, though, is volunteerism and connecting people with opportunities to make a difference in their community. When she’s not blogging, preparing meals or picking up around the house, you’re bound to find her hidden away in a castle under the stairs reading to her two young boys. Whether you’re cooking, crafting or creating for your family, you’ll find inspiration by connecting with Carrie. Find her online at Kenarry, Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.