These Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Pecans are the perfect snack, and are just like the ones you can find at Cabela’s during the holidays!
Have you ever been to Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shop around the holidays? If so, you must be familiar with the absolutely divine smell of roasted pecans that seems to waft through all the aisles of fishing poles and camping gear. It’s like heaven on earth for my husband to peruse those aisles, while it’s heaven for me to sit and nosh on a paper cone full of those delicious nuts and watch the catfish swimming in the giant fish tanks.
Since there’s no Cabela’s or Bass Pro Shop to be seen here in Hawaii, I needed a way to enjoy these delicious nuts during our time away from the mainland. And I’m very happy to say that I have found it!
Making these is a very easy process. Especially if you have a little helper to shake up the cinnamon and sugar for you. 😉
You just mix an egg white with a little water, coat your pecans with it, then mix it all up with some cinnamon, sugar, and a little salt. Spread it on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven to bake.
If pecans aren’t your thing, you could just replace them with whatever your favorite nut is! These make a yummy snack on their own, but are also make a delicious addition to a salad. Be sure to stay tuned over the next few days, as I’ll be sharing a recipe for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing! And these little nuts make the perfect topping for it.
Hope you’re all having a great weekend, and c’mon back to check out the salad. 🙂
Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking pan with a silpat, or grease with cooking spray.
- Combine the egg white and water in a mixing bowl; beat with a whisk until frothy. Fold in the pecans to coat evenly.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon in a container with a lid and shake to mix. Pour over the pecans and stir to coat pecans evenly. Spread the nuts over the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 1 hour. Cool on pan, and store in an airtight container.