Christmas Candy Cookie Bark
This Christmas Candy Cookie Bark is so delicious and easy to prepare! With only five ingredients and no baking required, it’s the perfect quick treat for the holidays.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is having an excuse to eat copious amounts of sweets.
There’s just something about the holiday season that begs for a plateful of goodies sidled up next to your favorite warm beverage. This recipe is no exception!
These are perfect for boxing up in a cute little package to give to neighbors, teachers, mail carriers, friends, etc., or just to enjoy while you catch up on some holiday movies!
This is a fun twist on the traditional peppermint bark that is so popular during the holiday season, especially for those who don’t really care for peppermint.
I personally love peppermint, but I know a a few folks who don’t, so this is perfect for them. The pretzels help to cut the sweetness of the Oreos, M&Ms, and almond bark and create a nice contrast in flavor.
Ingredients for making Christmas Candy Cookie Bark
- Vanilla Almond Bark
- Winter Oreos (the kind with the red cream in the middle)
- Red and green M&Ms
- Christmas sprinkles
How to make Christmas Candy Cookie Bark – Step by Step
- You’ll start out by covering the bottom of a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and laying out the broken pretzels, Oreos, and half of the M&Ms.
- Next, heat up the almond bark in the microwave and get ready to pour!
- Spread it around as evenly as possible, all the way to the edges. Next add some sprinkles and top with the remaining M&Ms. Put the pan into the refrigerator to harden and cool for about two hours.
- Once it’s completely hardened, begin breaking it up into chunks sized to your liking. Enjoy eating the little pieces that break apart in the process.
Tips and Notes
- Line your pan – Be sure to use parchment paper to line your pan. It prevents your bark from sticking to the pan and also makes cleanup easier.
- Refrigerate until fully hardened – Let the bark harden in the refrigerator for at least two hours before breaking it into pieces.
- How to store – Cookie bark will keep at room temperature for about 2-3 days in an airtight container. You can also store it in the refrigerator if you wish, but room temperature is fine.
More Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Bliss Bars Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream
- Buttery Cut Out Sugar Cookies
If you share this or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
Christmas Candy Cookie Bark
- 16 oz. Almond Bark, I use vanilla
- 14 Winter Oreos, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels, broken into small pieces
- 2/3 cup red and green M&Ms
- red and green sprinkles
- Spread a sheet of wax or parchment paper into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Evenly spread the pretzels, Oreos, and half of the M&Ms over the parchment paper.
- Begin heating the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl (I used a glass liquid measuring cup) for 1 minute and 30 seconds on high. Stir, and continue to heat for 30 seconds more until smooth. Stir again and heat for 15 seconds only if mixture is not smooth when stirred. Do not overheat.
- Evenly pour and the melted almond bark over the ingredients in the pan. Use a rubber spatula to help spread the melted bark evenly over the top.
- While the bark is still wet, add sprinkles to the top along with the remaining M&Ms. Refrigerate the pan until the bark has cooled completely and hardened, about two hours.
- Break the bark into chunks using your hands and store in an airtight container. Bark can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Line your pan - Be sure to use parchment paper to line your pan. It prevents your bark from sticking to the pan and also makes cleanup easier.
- Refrigerate until fully hardened - Let the bark harden in the refrigerator for at least two hours before breaking it into pieces.
- How to store - Cookie bark will keep at room temperature for about 2-3 days in an airtight container. You can also store it in the refrigerator if you wish, but room temperature is fine.