This Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli and Rice is an easy and delicious side dish for just about any meal! Thanks to your pressure cooker, it’s ready in a flash and only requires a handful of simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Well hello there! It’s been awhile since I posted, as I went and took a break for the holidays and it just kind of kept going from there.
We did some traveling mid January (Disney!) and then after coming home, we all came down with multiple types of sickness. RSV, flu, ear infections, pink eye, rashes, etc. Between all five of us, we ran the gamut of illness.
I have to say that throughout all of that sickness, I barely left the house. It’s also been pretty cold out (by Texan standards ????) so that’s sort of contributed to my homebody status as well.
Since I was home a lot, my Instant Pot and I spent a lot of quality time together. I’ve made quite a few new recipes using my fave kitchen toy, and this Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli and Rice is one of my new go-to side dishes.
My kids love this one, and you can easily make it into a full meal as well just by adding some cooked chicken. As a side dish, it’s great to accompany chicken, fish, or beef and is super easy and quick to throw together. Enjoy y’all!
Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.5 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Push the saute button on Instant Pot and add the butter. Once the butter melts, add the diced onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn, about 30 seconds.
- Push the "off" button and add 2 cups of the chicken broth and the rice. Stir everything well, then place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the pressure release knob to "sealing."
- Cook the rice over manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer is up, perform a quick release. After the pressure has completely released and the pin has dropped, open the lid and stir in the broccoli, remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, and salt and pepper.
- Place the lid back on the pot, turn the pressure release knob to "sealing," and cook the broccoli and rice over manual high pressure for 1 minute. When the timer is up, perform a quick release. After the pressure has completely released and the pin has dropped, open the lid and stir in the cheddar cheese until melted and creamy. Enjoy!
If you like this Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli and Rice, then you might also like: