This Caprese Chickpea Salad is full of flavor and bursting with fresh ingredients like avocado, tomato, mozzarella, fresh herbs, and more. This makes a great vegetarian meal option for lunch or dinner thanks to the protein packed chickpeas.
Who else loves chickpeas?!
Hopefully if you’re here reading this, you either already love chickpeas or are intrigued enough to want to try them. I’m actually a new fan of chickpeas and I love including them in salads.
This is actually my first recipe on Belle of the Kitchen that highlights them, and I’m pretty sure it won’t be the last either!
Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and they add a nice texture to salads while still keeping the meal light and healthy.
I’m obsessed with pretty much anything “caprese salad,” like this Caprese Pasta Salad or Bruschetta Tilapia. I decided to take those same flavors and incorporate them into a chickpea salad and I’m happy with the results!
This salad is perfect for enjoying as a full meal, or you could serve it as a side dish. It would also be delicious to take to a potluck or barbecue in the summer time. It would be easy and quick to throw together when you need a dish to bring!
More Great Summer Salad Recipes
If you share this Chickpea Salad or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
Caprese Chickpea Salad
- 1 (19 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the avocado and mozzarella in a large bowl and mix carefully. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, mix in the avocado and mozzarella. Enjoy!