Instant Pot Lasagna Soup – everything you love about lasagna, in a warm, comforting bowl of soup! This is so easy to make thanks to the Instant Pot, and is a huge favorite in our family!
Hey y’all, long time no see! Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately. It’s for good reasons, I promise!
I’ve been very fortunate to have my mom in town visiting for the past few weeks, so I’ve been spending a lot of time catching up with her, relaxing, and just kind of taking a mental break from everything. The past five months have been pretty stressful, so it’s been nice to kind of unplug for awhile.
But, I can only unplug for so long, cuz these kids of mine feel like they gotta eat every 12.7 seconds! Anybody else out there get requests for “snacks” or the “what’s for dinner?” question about five million times a day?! It feels never ending!
It’s days like those that I’m so very thankful to have my Instant Pot. It’s quick, easy, and cleaning up one pot is basically my favorite thing about it. If you don’t have one yet, I highly HIGHLY recommend it! Especially for yummy recipes like this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup!
This recipe has quickly become one of my favorites that I’ve created for the Instant Pot, and that’s saying a lot because my Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup is a big hit at our house, and with all of you! Be sure to try it out if you haven’t had a chance to yet!
More Delicious Soup Recipes
If you share this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves,, minced
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- pepper,, to taste
- 8 oz broken lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the olive oil. When hot, add the Italian sausage and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir frequently to prevent the sausage from sticking to the bottom of the pot. When Italian sausage is partly cooked, add the onions and garlic and continue cooking for about 4-5 more minutes, until onions are soft and meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the chicken broth, water, marinara sauce, spices, and broken lasagna noodles. Place the lid on the pot and flip the valve to "sealing." Cook over manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the ricotta topping. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and dried parsley. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the time is up on the Instant Pot, perform a quick release. When all of the steam has escaped and the pin on the lid has dropped, open the lid and stir in the heavy cream. Divide the soup into bowls and top each with a scoop of the ricotta mixture and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!