Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
This skillet lasagna is sure to become a new family favorite! It’s everything you love about lasagna, but made simple and easy for a quick weeknight dinner!
Lasagna is one of my family’s favorite foods. It’s also one of those meals that gets made for a lot of special occasions, including Christmas Eve dinner. My mom made has made lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner for as long as I can remember, and it was always my number one requested birthday dinner, too.
As much as I love lasagna, I don’t make it all that often because it takes a little bit more time and effort to prepare. Maybe that’s why it’s always been reserved for special occasions. 😉
Just because I’m not always in the mood to make it, though, doesn’t mean I don’t crave it on the random Wednesday night. For all of you lasagna lovers out there, that is where this skillet lasagna swoops in to save the day! One pan, 30 minutes, six ingredients, and you’re set! I pretty much followed my mom’s lasagna recipe to make this skillet version, and I’m happy to say it’s delicious! If you have no-boil lasagna noodles, that would work best here, but I’ve made it with regular noodles and it just takes a few minutes longer for those to cook.
I originally shared this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus over at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home. While I was there, Carrie was visiting here and sharing her recipe for Cheesy Tuna Casserole. Go check it out if you haven’t had a chance to yet!
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 6-7 lasagna noodles,, broken into thirds
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh chopped basil,, optional
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage until browned, breaking apart with with a wooden spoon. Drain any accumulated fat, and add marinara and tomatoes to the pan. Heat until bubbly.
- Add broken lasagna noodles to the pan and stir into the sauce making sure noodles are coated. Reduce heat to medium low, cover the skillet, and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drop ricotta cheese in small spoonfuls over the top of the lasagna. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then recover and allow to cook for 3-4 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil if desired, and serve.
Really good. I turned this into camping meal made in the electric skillet, made vegetarian with mushrooms instead of meat and used Velveeta cheese. It was super, but when I make it at home I’ll follow the regular recipe, because it would have been even better!
This looks SO good. Adding this to my recipe list this week.
I will tray with vegetarian sausages.
I love lasagna and skillet meals! I’ve never tried doing this but it looks great!
I LOVE skillet meals! This looks so tasty AND EASY!
Was literally perfect! Three-fourths of it was gone the first night lol! Will DEFINETELY make again.
I never thought about making lasagna in a skillet before! But now that I’ve seen it, it’s genius!
There is nothing better than a big pan of lasagna but I do tend to make too much. This skillet lasagna is perfect for when you’re looking to feed a smaller crowd.
lasagna is always a crowd favorite at our house I love the idea of breaking up the noodles for a quicker prep
What a tasty dinner! I’ve never tried to make a lasagna on a skillet. I’m excited to taste it!
My family could eat lasagna every single night if I let them. Can’t wait to try this version!
I would make this for the kids! They love lasagna and I haven’t been able to get the oven clean lately so on the skillet it is. Thanks for the skillet lasagna recipe — worth trying this weekend.
We love lasagna! This recipe looks more than delicious!
Pasta…enough said. BUT there’s so much more with this dish!! This is just mouthwatering and a must try!! Special occasion or not, this is going on the menu!