One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
This Italian Sausage Pasta is made in one pot and is a family favorite. Garlic, onions, sausage, and tomatoes are paired with delicious spaghetti, then all drenched in a creamy sauce and topped with gooey cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I’m bringing you a new recipe that I’m pretty proud of. This is one that was born out of equal parts necessity and laziness.
Necessity because we needed something for dinner quickly, and laziness because the thought of leaving the house to run to the grocery store or even to the drive thru was more than my sweatpants-clad self could bear.
I rifled through my pantry and fridge and realized I had similar ingredients to one of of our favorite easy dinners, One Pot Cheesy Sausage and Peppers Pasta.
I didn’t have any Rotel, but I did have a can of Italian style diced tomatoes, so I decided to create an Italian-inspired version.
I’ve made this pretty much weekly since then, and it’s become one of my kids’ favorite meals, especially my daughter. She calls it “yummy sausage spaghetti!”
How to make One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta – Step by Step
- Grab a large nonstick skillet and heat up a bit of olive oil over medium high heat. Cook your Italian Sausage until nicely browned, then add in some onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, and enjoy that heavenly aroma!
- Stir in some chicken broth, heavy cream, Italian diced tomatoes, and broken dry spaghetti noodles (I like to break mine into halves or better yet, into thirds.)
- Put a lid on top of the skillet and turn the heat to medium low. Let the pasta cook undisturbed for about 15 minutes, or until noodles are nice and tender. In the mean time, you could whip up and easy side dish like one of our faves, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus!
- Once the pasta is cooked through, stir in some mozzarella cheese until fully melted. Sprinkle some more on top, place the lid back on, and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is nice and gooey. Now you’re ready to eat!
More Delicious Italian Sausage Recipes
If you share this One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian-style sausage, sliced, (I use chicken or turkey sausage)
- 1 medium onion, , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces dry pasta, (I used spaghetti)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add the sausage to the pan. Cook until sausage is browned, then add the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 5 more minutes until onions are softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, diced tomatoes, and dry pasta to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir everything well. Turn the heat to medium low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese, then place the lid back on the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
It’s hard to go wrong with one-pot pasta. Sounds delicious!
This pasta is recipe is so simple and delicious! I love that it so easy to make too.
Three cheers for one pot, and three cheers for all the creaminess! This looks wonderful!
I’m definitely getting up to raid my fridge for the ingredients to this! looks so simple and now I have a hankering for pasta!
One pot meals are the best and I know my family is going to love this one! There’s just something about the combination of Italian sausage, cream and pasta so I’ve pinned this for later. Thanks!
Followed recipe and had a delicious one pot meal in less than an hour including prepping sausage and dicing fresh tomatoes.
I love one pot pastas and this just looks delicious!
Pasta is my favorite! I love that this is a one pot recipe. It looks delcicious!
I’ve never seen such a delicious looking, one pot Italian dish like this, I can’t believe how easy and good it looks!!
Ohh this looks so yummy! I’ll have to try to make this next week!
This was a really great recipe…Thank you! Easy to put together & quick to cook. My kids loved it. I’ll be making this again!
I rarely comment on recipes but as I go to make this for the umpteenth time, I figured I should thank you for the recipe! It’s delicious and one of things you can change to suit what you hve on hand. I dont always have heavy cream or mozz, but do have whole milk and parmesan! Sometimes I only have a can of regular tomatoes, but I’ve got extra herbs… it’s just such a YUMMY meal…My whole family loves it.
Thanks so much for your comment, I’m so glad you’re loving this recipe! I make it all the time for the same reasons!
This was delicious and so easy to make! Will make it again! Thank you!
This was delicious! The whole family loved it, which is saying something. I added some chopped up pepperoni that was in the fridge and it was perfect!
I love one pot pastas and this one looks delicious. I think my family will love it. Thanks for sharing.
This is such a great pasta dish. It’s so simple and only needs one pan. We’ll be making this often. 🙂
Perfect family friendly meal and packed with flavor! Easily, a new favorite dish!
Yum! I love a good one pot recipe, and this dish was amazing! Kids loved it too, so we will be making this again for sure.
Oh my goodness, I made this with small shells and it was fantastic!!!
I knew I didn’t have any red sauce or tomato paste to make my usual spaghetti, so I searched for a new recipe for the left over Italian sausage we had on hand. This was the first pasta recipe I found without red sauce. I had a mix of sweet and hot Italian sausage. And I just happened to have the rest of the ingredients for this recipe on hand… sort of. We had fettuccini, not spaghetti, and I think the diced tomatoes I pulled out of the freezer might’ve been Rotel. We were out of mozzarella so I used sliced provolone. I added dried basil, parsley and red pepper flakes at the end. Very good last minute dinner! Will do this again.
I’m in love with one pot meals and always looking new recipe. Your looking just perfect
What a delicious dinner recipe! I am adding this to my dinner line up for the week!
I love that you cook the pasta in with all the other ingredients. It looks so delicious.
I love one pot pastas! This would looks so delicious, making this for sure!!
A delicious and comforting meal. My kids to love it.
I love using sausage in my pasta dishes. I will definitely try this!