This Crockpot White Chicken Chili is the perfect meal to eat on a cold day! The chicken, spices, and beans come together to create a hearty and easy dinner.
When it comes to making dinner, I know that most of us don’t always have tons of time to spend getting it on the table. That’s why I love my slow cooker recipes!
This crockpot white chicken chilli recipe provides the perfect amount of chicken, spices and beans to create a delicious meal you can eat after a busy day.
You can throw it in the crockpot and forget about it. But you definitely won’t forget the delicious, hearty flavor when it’s time to eat!
What Is White Chicken Chili?
White chicken chili is a variation of chili that consists of shredded chicken, beans, green chiles, and several other essential ingredients. It is bursting with flavor and contains healthy ingredients full of vitamins and nutrients. It is similar to soup but it has the consistency of a stew.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili Ingredients
When you would like to give the Crockpot White Chicken Chili a try, these are the ingredients to gather:
- Cooked Chicken. Prepare your chicken in advance, or use leftover chicken from another meal to make this. You can also use raw, uncooked chicken.
- Green Chiles. Grab a can of green chiles and be sure to drain them before you add them to your crock pot.
- Great Northern White Beans. The beans add flavor, texture, and nutrients to the chili. Plus, I think they are the best tasting beans.
- Corn. Grab any brand of canned corn, drain it, and add it to this recipe.
- Chicken Broth. Use chicken broth as the liquid to prepare the chili. It gives the chili the perfect taste and consistency.
- Chili Powder. Give your chili the perfect kick by adding chili powder to it.
Make sure you also have garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and sour cream. You can also have shredded cheese, avocado, tortilla strips, and cilantro to use as a garnish for the top of your chili. Although optional, these ingredients contribute to the dish and make it taste great!
How to Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili – Step by Step
Making the Crockpot White Chicken Chili is simple. Follow these steps to get started:
Step 1: Add Ingredients to the Crock Pot
Pour each ingredient into your crock pot with the exception of the sour cream.
Step 2: Adjust the Settings
Set your crockpot to low and allow the ingredients to cook slowly for four hours. If you want to make it faster, adjust the setting to high and cook for two hours.
Step 3: Add Your Sour Cream
Remove the lid to the slow cooker and add the sour cream to it. Mix well.
Step 4: Garnish Your Chili
Garnish the chili with your favorite toppings.
Tips and Notes
You can prepare different sides to go with your crock pot white bean chicken chili. Some of the sides that taste best with this meal include:
- Pumpkin Cornbread
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Chips and Guac
How to Store Leftovers
Store your leftovers in a food container. You may need multiple food storage containers if you have plenty of chili leftover. Use a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and put your chili in the fridge. It stays fresh for anywhere between four and five days when placed in the fridge.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze the Crockpot White Chicken Chili if you want to save it for weeks after making it. Pour your chili into a freezer-safe food container, seal with a lid, and put it in the freezer. Make sure to thaw out within six months of preparing the chili. You could also place your chili in a freezer bag after it cools to save space in your freezer.
Other Crockpot Chicken Recipes to Try
If you enjoy this Crock Pot White Chicken Chili recipe, you should try some of these other crockpot chicken recipes that are just as good and my family loves:
If you found this crockpot white chicken chili simple and delicious, please pin it to Pinterest for others to share and enjoy!
- Slow Cooker
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken, or 2 raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 14 oz can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can corn, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- shredded cheese
- diced avocado
- sliced jalapenos
- fresh chopped cilantro
- tortilla strips
- In your crockpot, add all of the ingredients, except the sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours if using precooked chicken. If using raw chicken, cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the sour cream.
- Serve with cheese, sliced jalapenos, avocado, cilantro and tortilla strips.
- Store Leftovers in a food container. You may need multiple food storage containers if you have plenty of chili leftover. Use a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and put your chili in the fridge. It stays fresh for anywhere between four and five days when placed in the fridge.
- You can freeze leftovers if you want to save it for weeks after making it. Pour your chili into a freezer-safe food container, seal with a lid, and put it in the freezer. Make sure to thaw out within six months of preparing the chili. You could also place your chili in a freezer bag after it cools to save space in your freezer.