Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies – these brownies are the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover! Rich, fudgy, and so decadent; you need this recipe in your life!
Ohhhhh chocolate. The one food I just cannot resist. Try as I may, if chocolate is involved, you might as well just hand me the whole pan/plate/bowl/bag, because I will more than likely devour it! Dark chocolate included.
My taste buds have kind of grown up over the years, because dark chocolate did not used to be something I was willing to eat all of my vegetables for when I was younger.
Isn’t that funny how your tastes change over the years and foods you used to think were gross can suddenly become not only palatable, but also some of your favorites?
That happened to me with dark chocolate. And also kimchi. I blame that one on all the amazing Asian food we’ve gotten to experience out here in Hawaii, though. Yes, kimchi, I LOVE YOU so!
These dark chocolate brownies were born somewhat out of necessity. See, we are getting ready to move in a couple months (insert balling-eyes-face emoji here, I’ll cover my mix of emotions in another post) and I’m trying to use up a lot of the food in our cabinets.
Seeing as how I have an entire basket dedicated to chocolate in my pantry (yes yes yes!), I figured it was time to start using it up.
So, these dark chocolate brownies were made, and made, and made again. Yep, three times so far and I’m pretty sure a fourth is on the horizon for next week!
These are very rich and fudgy, and if you’re a chocolate lover you will swoon for these! My kids loved them, too, so even if you think you don’t like dark chocolate, you might be pleasantly surprised by these! Enjoy y’all!
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao baking chips)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once chocolate mixture is cool, whisk in the sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift together cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Combine flour mixture with chocolate mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Adapted from Food
If you like these Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies, then you might also like: