These Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfectly chewy, and loaded with chocolate and caramel chips. You’ll love this easy twist on your favorite cookie!
Most days when I’m craving something sweet, my favorite treat to reach for is a cookie. Gimme that and a hot cup of coffee to go with it and then I’m a happy camper. Milk is also a great, classic pairing, of course. But since I have a nine-month old who doesn’t sleep as much as I would like him to, I almost always stick with coffee. ????
Speaking of great combos, don’t you also think caramel and chocolate make a pretty solid pair? I like to think of them as a kitchen “power couple,” because their flavors just blend so well. After looking in my pantry, I found that I had some caramel and chocolate chips and thought it would be fun to put them together. As a result, these Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies were born!
This recipe for Caramel Chocolate Chip cookies also contains my favorite base recipe for regular chocolate chip cookies. So, if you’d rather just make the classic, you can simply replace the caramel chips with more chocolate chips. I like that it’s versatile enough that you can bake these according to whatever filling you have in your pantry. These make a lot too, so they are great for special occasions, parties, etc. The dough is also insanely delicious and I have a hard time keeping my hands out of it! I know you’re not supposed to eat raw cookie dough, all things in moderation, right?!
If you make these Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies, then be sure to snap a photo of your creation and tag it on Instagram with #belleofthekitchen! I’d love to see what you’re cooking up!
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and then set aside.
- Add butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat over medium speed until nice and creamy, about 1 minute.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, and flour. Gradually add the dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture, beating over low speed. Scrape the bowl then beat over medium speed for another 30 seconds until well-combined.
- Add chocolate chips and caramel chips to the dough and then stir to combine. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, about 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine are ready at 10 minutes), then remove from oven and allow cookies to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!
If you like these Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies, then you might also like: