Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
These Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats are a sweet and spooky twist on a classic! Made with Fanta Orange soda and vanilla ice cream, they’re the perfect, easy treat to impress kids and adults alike this Halloween! #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Y’all, Halloween is less than two weeks away, and I AM SO EXCITED. Have I told you that Halloween is my favorite holiday? Well, besides Christmas, of course. 😉 But really, there is just something about all of the spooky fun surrounding Halloween that I just can’t get enough of. One of my favorite dates that my husband and I ever went on was to a haunted house when we were still in college. The best moment of the night (and one that I will NEVER forget) happened when my husband, who is not afraid of anything, darn near jumped out of his skin and screamed like a four year old when one of the “actors” popped out of the wall beside him. I’m laughing out loud just thinking back on that moment! Just one more reason why I love Halloween so much.
Now that we are married and have two little ones, there are even more things I love about Halloween. Seeing all the kids dressed up in their cute costumes, going trick-or-treating, and enjoying lots of the fun, and #SpookySnacks are at the top of my list. This year, I became inspired to create a fun drink after receiving a Halloween package from my mom. Along with all of the goodies she sent, there was a packet of Jack O’Lantern beverage glass clings. I decided they would be fun to use in conjunction with Fanta for a special Halloween version of a float! These would be so fun to drink with dinner before heading out to do some trick-or-treating, or for serving along with other yummy snacks at a Halloween party!
To Make Your own Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats:
- First you’ll need to gather up a few easy ingredients. I found everything I needed at our local Walmart store, including vanilla ice cream, 2 liters of Fanta Orange soda, and also some 12 oz. bottles of Dasani water to keep us hydrated on our upcoming visit to the pumpkin patch. These smaller bottles of Dasani would also be great for serving at a Halloween party or carrying along with you while out trick-or-treating!
- Once you have everything ready, start by decorating your plastic cups. If you don’t have any Jack O’Lantern beverage clings, not to worry! All you need is a permanent marker and you can draw on your own design. This would be a fun activity to let your little ones get involved and unleash their creativity!
- Once your spooktacular cups are ready, pour a small amount of Fanta into the bottom of each cup.
- Next add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Mmm…. lookin’ good!
- Pour some more Fanta over the ice cream, and watch as some bubbly magic starts happening.
- Insert a straw and start slurping that creamy, orangey goodness! It’s a handheld, drinkable, Jack O’Lantern that tastes just like a creamsicle!
If you’d like to get in on more of the #SpookySnacks fun, be sure to check out one of the in-store demos going on at select Walmart locations October 24-26th featuring Fanta, as well as Wheat Thins and Halloween Oreos. You can also find more fun Halloween ideas by following Fanta and Dasani on Twitter.
Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats
- 1 (2 Liter) Fanta Orange (could also use Fanta Mini Cans)
- 1 container vanilla ice cream
- clear plastic cups,, decorated if desired
- Pour a small amount of Fanta Orange into the bottom of a decorated plastic cup.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top.
- Pour more Fanta over the top of the ice cream until foamy and bubbly.
- Repeat instructions to make more floats. Serve each with a fun straw and enjoy!
Greetings this year I’m not only participating but I am also sharing…this awesome drink with the cup as the trick and the drink as the treat! Yes Trick and Treat!🔥 😂 I am a travel agent grandparent and friend. Looking forward to dressing up at 60 something yrs young. Time to kick back and have fun!
These are so cute and spooky! Can’t wait to try them!
What a great idea for Halloween treats, especially in hot climate. Get a lot of those here in GA
All time favorite fanta did it again! This is our familys favorite!
Spooky drink! My husband loves Fanta, so I’m sure he’ll love this!
I have made these before. They are so much fun and easy! The kids love them.
This is a great recipe, it looks so cute and tasted even better. All of my guests loved it at my halloween party! Thank you so much for the recipe!
Awesome and easy
This is so adorable! I love floats, and never thought to use soda other than root beer. Will definitely be trying these this October! xx
What a great idea!!! Love this!!!
Amazing blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost
on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress
or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely overwhelmed
.. Any ideas? Thanks!
Love this fun drink! Have you tried making a large batch in a punch bowl? Would love to make a bigger batch for an upcoming Halloween party. Thank you!
Hi Noel! I have not tried making it as a large batch before, only in individual cups. I’m not positive how it would turn out with the ice cream involved, but I know it would still taste good. Let me know if you give it a try!
These are so fun! My kids will LOVE these! Going to serve them tonight either right before or after trick or treating! Stopping by from Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday!
What a fun festive idea. Pinned. Thanks for sharing this with us on Weekend Bites.
Thank you so much, Diane!
What a great float to refresh the little spooks and monsters. Hope you are having a great fall day and thanks so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
I agree Miz Helen! Thank you!
Adorable, and such a cute, creative idea! I would love if you would stop by and share this at my blog party, Celebrate It!
It’s about celebrating what we do in our everyday lives!
Thanks for the invite, Teri! I’ll definitely drop by. 🙂
Those definitely look like a fun Halloween treat!
Thank you, Michelle! They’re super easy and festive. 🙂
G’day! How cute! Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty!
Please remember to stop back if you haven’t already and say G’day to the hosts and someone else at the party!
Cheers! Joanne @ What’s On The List Pinned!
Thank you for the party and for pinning, Joanne!
I love, love, love this idea! What a fun party drink!
Thank you so much, Sheila!
Oh Ashlyn, these are SOOO cute! I love, love, love the whimsical jack o’lantern faces on the sides of those Fanta floats. I’m pinning and sharing!
Thank you so much, Carrie, and I appreciate you sharing! 🙂
What a great idea! Super cute! So easy and yummy! Just pinned!
Thank you so much! And I appreciate you pinning! 🙂
So adorable Ashlyn! These are really perfect for Halloween!!
Thank you so much, Jaren!
These are absouletly adorable!!! All of your recipe are so creative! I love orange dreamsicles and how they are perfectly festive for Halloween or any party. Pinned and can’t wait to try
Oh thank you, Laura! You are so sweet. And yes, that is exactly what they taste like! They’re super yummy!
Yum! These sound delicious. I make something similar, but with a little sparkling white wine added, too … perfect adult beverage;) Pinned!
Ooo, that sounds delicious with some wine, Ginnie! Definitely makes it fun for the adults. 😉 Thank you so much for pinning!