Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats
These Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats are a sweet and spooky twist on a classic! Made with orange soda and vanilla ice cream, they’re the perfect, easy treat to impress kids and adults alike this Halloween!
Y’all, Halloween is less than two weeks away, and I AM SO EXCITED. Have I told you that Halloween is my favorite holiday? Well, besides Christmas, of course. 😉
But really, there is just something about all of the spooky fun surrounding Halloween that I just can’t get enough of. One of my favorite dates that my husband and I ever went on was to a haunted house when we were still in college. The best moment of the night (and one that I will NEVER forget) happened when my husband, who is not afraid of anything, darn near jumped out of his skin and screamed like a four year old when one of the “actors” popped out of the wall beside him.
I’m laughing out loud just thinking back on that moment! Just one more reason why I love Halloween so much.
Now that we are married and have two little ones, there are even more things I love about Halloween. Seeing all the kids dressed up in their cute costumes, going trick-or-treating, and enjoying lots of the fun, spooky snacks are at the top of my list.
This year, I became inspired to create a fun drink after receiving a Halloween package from my mom. Along with all of the goodies she sent, there was a packet of Jack O’Lantern beverage glass clings. I decided they would be fun to use in conjunction with Fanta for a special Halloween version of a float! These would be so fun to drink with dinner before heading out to do some trick-or-treating, or for serving along with other yummy snacks at a Halloween party!
To Make Your own Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats:
- First you’ll need to gather up a few easy ingredients. I found everything I needed at our local grocery store, including vanilla ice cream, and some orange soda.
- Once you have everything ready, start by decorating your plastic cups. If you don’t have any Jack O’Lantern beverage clings, not to worry! All you need is a permanent marker and you can draw on your own design. This would be a fun activity to let your little ones get involved and unleash their creativity!
- Once your spooktacular cups are ready, pour a small amount of Fanta into the bottom of each cup.
- Next add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Mmm…. lookin’ good!
- Pour some more Fanta over the ice cream, and watch as some bubbly magic starts happening.
- Insert a straw and start slurping that creamy, orangey goodness! It’s a handheld, drinkable, Jack O’Lantern that tastes just like a creamsicle!
Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats
- 1 (2 Liter) Fanta Orange (could also use Fanta Mini Cans)
- 1 container vanilla ice cream
- clear plastic cups,, decorated if desired
- Pour a small amount of Fanta Orange into the bottom of a decorated plastic cup.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top.
- Pour more Fanta over the top of the ice cream until foamy and bubbly.
- Repeat instructions to make more floats. Serve each with a fun straw and enjoy!