Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – A layer of chocolate chip cookies followed by a cheesecake filling, all on top of a buttery Oreo crust. These are sinfully good!
Happy Monday, y’all! Did you have a nice weekend? We had a pretty good one, filled up with family time, some good food, and my latest race, the Pineapple Run! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a photo of my little guy and me post-race. 😉 It was a fun 10k run and everyone received a pineapple at the end! I’m thinking some kind of pineapple recipe is in order, so be on the lookout.
Now as far as these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars go, I have to say that I’m pretty stinkin’ in love with them. They are absolutely addicting. I’ve found myself daydreaming about them at random times, like while driving in the car, cooking dinner, reading to my kids, going for a run, typing this blog post… oh the struggle is so darn real.
I mean, these are delicious to eat and easy to make. Just seven ingredients, y’all, and you too could experience the stuff that chocolate chip cheesecake dreams are made of!
Okay, one last little thing before I cut to the recipe. I have to tell y’all something about my hubby. He DOES NOT like cheesecake. Like, don’t set it in front of him, don’t try to dress it up, it-just-ain’t-gonna-happen-kinda feelings towards cheesecake. I personally think he’s a little cuckoo because cheesecake is AMAZING, but I guess to each his own, right?
Well, I was pretty sure he wasn’t going to like these, let alone try them, given his previous feelings on the matter. So imagine my surprise when he came home for lunch the day I made them and immediately ate two in a row. He told me they were so good, he couldn’t wait to have another after he got home from work! I was so excited, thinking I was breaking down those cheesecake-hatin’ walls of his! One step at a time, right? 😉
- 24 Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (16.5 oz) package prepared chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11x7 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush Oreo cookies in a large, resealable zip top bag with a meat mallet or large soup can. (You could also crush them using your blender or food processor.) Combine the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, mixing until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until nice and smooth. Spread over the top of Oreo crust.
- Remove cookie dough from package and use your hands to flatten small clumps to cover the cheesecake filling. Continue adding flattened pieces of cookie dough until the top is completely covered. You may have some dough left over to make cookies with, or just to snack on. :)
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until top is set and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before slicing to help bars set up completely. If you're like me, taking a warm gooey slice is perfectly acceptable before doing that step, though! Enjoy!