This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
Cookies and Cream Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie – Made with a cookies and cream crust, a Blue Bunny Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream filling, then drizzled with hot fudge sauce. Sprinkle some more more cookies on top and this pie is like a slice of mint chocolate heaven!
Oh y’all. This PIE!!!
It’s my new favorite dessert. It combines so many yummy treats, including a crazy good homemade crust and my favorite kind of ice cream, Mint Chocolate Chip!
I picked up everything I needed to make this pie from Walmart, including the Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Blue Bunny. Blue Bunny will be doing live demos in select Walmart stores on 6/20/2015, so take a look and see if your store is on the list. You won’t want to miss out on all of their amazing ice creams treats!
This pie isn’t just delicious, it’s also super easy to make! First you’ll make the crust by mixing together crushed sandwich cookies and some melted butter. Press that into your pie pan and bake it for a few minutes to help it set. Let it cool, then add in the softened Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, smoothing it around evenly. Oh that ice cream is just glorious.
Next, drizzle on some hot fudge sauce and sprinkle with another handful of chopped up sandwich cookies. If it’s looking sinful, then you are on the right track. 😉
At this point, if you’re like me, you might be thinking, “Alright! I am ready to tear this pie UP!” But, in order to prevent a sloppy, drippy mess, you’ll need to freeze it for a little while. Just a couple of hours, I promise!
When you’re ready to serve, take it out of the freezer and let it soften for about 10 minutes. And THEN, my friends, you have my permission to tear it up!
If you’re looking for more ways to keep cool this summer, you can find lots of recipes using Blue Bunny Ice Cream here. Plus you can also follow Blue Bunny on Facebook and Instagram for more droolworthy ideas and pictures!
- 24 cookies and cream sandwich cookies, crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 cups Blue Bunny Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 5-8 cookies and cream sandwich cookies, chopped
- hot fudge sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crushed cookies and melted butter in a medium sized bowl until well mixed. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a deep-dish 9 inch pie plate. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once crust is cooled, scoop ice cream into crust and spread evenly. Heat hot fudge sauce accruing to package instructions and drizzle over the top of pie. Sprinkle with chopped cookies.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and freeze for at least two hours. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and allow to thaw for about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!