Thank you to Arla Dofino for sponsoring today’s recipe for Ham and Broccoli Quiche with Gouda. All opinions expressed here are my own.
This Ham and Broccoli Quiche with Gouda is the perfect warm breakfast during the holiday season. Made with creamy and delicious gouda cheese, this is a breakfast worth waking up for!
I love how special breakfast can be during the holidays. Maybe it’s just the time of year when the weather gets a little cooler (even here in Hawaii!) that makes me want to trade in my bowl of cold cereal for a breakfast that’s a bit more warm and comforting. Well y’all, it just doesn’t get much more comforting than this yummy plate of Ham and Broccoli Quiche with Arla Dofino Gouda. Seriously. THAT CHEESE!
The Arla Dofino brand of cheese includes a delicious range of family-friendly cheese types such as Havarti, Gouda, Edam, Muenster and Fontina. Not only are their cheeses naturally good from farm to fridge, they are also free of added hormones and preservatives, and crafted with quality, natural ingredients in an environmentally friendly way. Arla cheeses have been traditionally crafted in Wisconsin for more than 100 years, so they know what they’re doing!
Now if you’re thinking that quiche means a lot of work, I’m here to tell you how easy this is. You can actually prep this the night before and pop it in the oven to cook while you’re busy getting ready for the day.
With so much going on during the holidays from shopping to entertaining guests, it’s important to keep yourself fueled and ready to tackle whatever comes your way. By prepping this quiche ahead of time, it’s the perfect, easy breakfast for your family during the week. Plus, that amazing Gouda makes it’s elegant and special enough to serve to holiday guests on the weekend! Win win!
- 1 refrigerated or frozen deep dish pie crust
- 2 TB butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1½ cups cubed cooked ham
- 1½ cups shredded Arla Dofino Gouda Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pie crust as directed on the package for one crust using a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add in broccoli and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until broccoli has softened slightly.
- Place veggies into the bottom of crust.
- Sprinkle ham over the top of the veggies.
- Sprinkle Gouda over the top of the ham.
- In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour over the top of quiche.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you like this Ham and Broccoli Quiche, you might also like…