Roasted Guacamole with Bacon
A summer dip that is fun and flavourful, this Roasted Guacamole with Bacon is sure to win over all your guests (if it even makes it to them!)
Hi everyone! Kacey from The Cookie Writer back again to share with you a truly stunning appetizer!
Growing up, one food I automatically said I did not like was guacamole. I admit it now that I never actually tried guacamole in the past. It just looked gross. Of course, my parents had three kids so we were not going to the fanciest of restaurants, but I feel like the restaurants that we did go to always served us mushy looking guac… Restaurants have gotten much better over the years but I still prefer making it at home because I deem my guacamole the best!
During the summer months, people usually do not want to worry about using their stove. I hear you! But sometimes, just sometimes, something is so special you are willing to break that rule to indulge. This roasted guacamole with bacon is so flavourful, and it is truly bold! The mixture of bacon and roasted veggies really does a lot to ordinary guacamole (not that I am knocking it!) But let’s say you don’t want to heat up your house. Well, grill your veggies and meat instead! I find roasting and grilling can be quite interchangeable, and with a recipe like this, you don’t have to worry too much about cook time conversion. Basically when that bacon gets cooked to your liking, remove it and prepare the guac!
Everything gets roasted in this recipe except for the avocados themselves. I threw everything onto one pan and it worked perfectly. This roasted guacamole with bacon was SO easy I made a video to prove it!
Thanks to my husband for putting the guacamole together (even if I did all the prep!) The avocados were at the perfect ripeness, something I have gotten good at detecting as we make A LOT of guacamole all year round.
Roasted Guacamole with Bacon
- 5 medium avocados,, ripe (soft ,not squishy)
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium tomato,, diced (or 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes)
- 4 garlic cloves,, left whole and paper on
- 1 small lime,, juiced
- 1 small red onion,, chopped small
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat for easy cleanup.
- Place garlic, tomatoes, onion, and corn onto baking sheet and toss. Cover with whole bacon strips. Cook for 10 minutes and then toss everything so the grease spreads over the veggies. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until desired consistency is reached. Remove garlic from paper and roughly chop bacon.
- Cut your avocados in half and remove pit. Spoon out avocado into a medium-sized bowl. Mash until you reach desired consistency (chunky or smooth.)
- Add in garlic, salt, and freshly squeezed lime. Stir to combine.
- Add the veggies and bacon and stir again. Cover and refrigerator until chilled.
- Give it a taste test to see if it needs more salt or lime.
- Serve on its own, with tacos, or burritos!
We love the addition of bacon and corn in this guacamole. I actually was inspired by Amanda at The Chunky Chef with her version of a charred corn guacamole. Who wouldn’t want corn in their guacamole?! I know I do now, and it may be hard to make it without the corn…
Love this roasted guacamole with bacon?! Try some of these recipes:
Guacamole with bacon?! Where has this been all my life. I can’t wait to try it!
So yummy, I’ll have to try it, the combination of flavours sounds amazing
I love the idea of adding bacon to guacamole, sounds so good!
I love guacamole and the combination with bacon sounds simply divine! I have to try this recipe soon!
I always love the combo of avocado & bacon. This guacamole looks delicious!
I can literally eat a large bowl of guacamole and chips in one sitting without realizing it. I love your take on it. Everything is better with bacon!
The roasted veggies must add so much depth to the guacamole! What a great idea. And of course I can’t resist bacon. 🙂 I need to try this once my avocados are ripe.
Mushy guac is a pet peeve of mine too! Chunky all the way! Love the idea of bacon too 🙂
I’ve just got back from lunch and you’ve got me drooling over food….
Not cool. Not cool at all.
Jokes aside – this looks awesome and i`ll be sure to give it a try.
P.S Why haven`t I thought of adding bacon to the guac before?!?
Haha! And yes, bacon is always a good addition I’d say!
Anything with avocados and I am in! 😛
Oh my goodness – I am totally making this for girls’ night this weekend (no boys allowed!) – it looks absolutely delicious!
That is one dang amazing guacamole!! LOOOOVE the bacon! <3
P.S. I also didn't want to touch guac because it looked like "yucky mush" – boy was I dumb! haha 😀
The only way to make guacamole better is with bacon!
Fresh guac! Plus bacon! Delicious!
Well you’ve won me over (further)! I’m a guac lover, but adding bacon? What a fab & tasty idea!
You can’t go wrong with guacamole and bacon!