Skinny Strawberry Cake Recipe
This Skinny Strawberry Cake is the ultimate guilt-free treat! It’s made from a cake mix and protein packed greek yogurt, and then topped with a light and fluffy whipped frosting full of fresh strawberries. Each serving clocks in at just under 200 calories!
Summer is finally just around the corner! This past winter seemed to just drag on and on, so warmer weather is most definitely welcome! Here in south Texas we didn’t even have it half as bad as so many other parts of the country, but I’ve definitely had my fill of sub 50 temps for a while.
Of course, I will probably be backtracking on that statement here soon when it’s too hot to even walk to the mailbox.????
With warmer weather and swimsuit season popping up, I decided to take one of my favorite summer desserts and lighten it up. If you’re a fan of Strawberry Cake, then you are going to LOVE this one! It’s moist and yummy, and the frosting is so fluffy and good. I will take this version ANYDAY!
And that’s saying something, because I LOVE full-fat, full-calorie, full-everything desserts.
This Skinny Strawberry Cake is a play on my super popular Skinny Chocolate Cake and Skinny Funfetti Cake recipes. If you haven’t tried those yet, then you really should! I have a feeling you are really going to like them. ????
If you share this Skinny Strawberry Cake or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
Skinny Strawberry Cake
- 1 (15.25 oz) box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 small box sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) container fat free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x10 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, Greek yogurt, and water. Mix vigorously for 1 minute, until all ingredients are incoporated. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes. Mine was ready at 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping and chopped strawberries. Spread frosting over the top of cooled cake and top with more sliced strawberries if desired. Enjoy!
If you like this Skinny Strawberry Cake, then you might also like: