Did y’all have a nice Easter?
We did, even though it was gloomy and rainy here on the island ALL. DAY. LONG. The sun would peek out for a bit, but the rain was still coming down. In spite of the rain, though, my son had a great time hunting for eggs around the house, and we enjoyed celebrating our daughter’s first Easter.
We finished off our Easter lunch with a glass of milk and a couple of these delicious Cinnamon Frosted Zucchini Bars. I got this wonderful recipe from my mother-in-law and have been looking forward to making it ever since I spied all the yummy ingredients. She received the recipe from a friend when they were stationed at Fort Hood, TX when my husband was a child. She’s been making them ever since, and my husband was so excited when I told him I was going to make them for Easter dessert!
If you prepare them in a jelly roll pan like I did, they will make a lot, so they’re the perfect spring recipe for baby or bridal showers, or really just for any occasion! I had to keep my son’s little hands out of the finished pan; he kept sneaking little bites. 😉
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TB milk
- 3 TB margarine (melted)
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- Grease a 15x10" jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- Mix together flour and baking powder; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat margarine on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugars; beat till fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture. Stir in zucchini and coconut. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost with cinnamon frosting and cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
- To prepare cinnamon frosting, combine frosting ingredients in a medium sized bowl and blend until smooth.
AND, in other exciting news, I am hosting a giveaway with some of my foodie blogger friends to give one of you a brand spankin’ new KINDLE FIRE!
Check out these fabulous bloggers on Bloglovin’ to enter for your chance to win! The giveaway runs from now until May 4th. GOOD LUCK!!!