Homemade Caramel Apple Cheesecake on a graham cracker crust, filled with sweet, juicy apples and creamy caramel. It’s the perfect finish to any fall meal!
I originally shared this recipe over at Kenarry: Ideas for the Home a few weeks ago. While I was there, Carrie was here sharing her recipe for Caramel Apple Coffeecake. Be sure to go check it out if you haven’t already!
I know that when most of us think of fall, apples are right there at the top of the list. When I was growing up, I remember going on a field trip every year in September to a local apple farm up in the mountains. We did all of the fun, traditional farm activities including a hay ride, petting zoo, and apple taste testing. That was also where I milked a cow for the first time!
That is one of the things I miss most about home, and just the mainland in general! When we move back stateside, I want to take our kiddos to all of the fun places that I used to visit as a kid. There’s also a big pumpkin patch (Burt’s Pumpkin Farm in Dawsonville, GA) that I daydream about taking my kids to every fall. It has some of the biggest pumpkins I’ve ever seen, and I enjoy seeing all of my friends’ photos of their little ones there each year. Though I must admit, I am a tad bit envious!
As far as apple desserts go, this one is sure to please! It’s full of juicy apples, creamy caramel, and the CRUST! It is so good. And please, y’all, if you make this cheesecake, you HAVE to make the crust that goes with it. See, the crust has a little hint of cinnamon making it the perfect base for this caramel apple cheesecake. Plus, it’s really simple to make. Just make it. I promise you’ll be glad you did.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 7 TB butter, melted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup cinnamon almonds, coarsely chopped (or any nut that you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients for the crust. Mix until crumbly, then press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 6-7 minutes until set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese over medium speed until fluffy. Add in the sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Scoop ¾ of the apple pie filling from the can and spread in the bottom of the prepared crust. Top with the cheesecake filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until top is set and cheesecake is cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While cheesecake is baking, combine remaining ¼ can of apple pie filling, caramel topping, and ½ tsp of cinnamon in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir until smooth, then set aside.
- When cheesecake is cool, spread caramel apple mixture over the top and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before slicing. Enjoy!