Mint Truffle Brownies with Mint Buttercream– Decadent, fudgy brownies stuffed with Mint Truffle Hershey’s Kisses and topped off with a creamy layer of mint buttercream frosting. To die for!
Do you ever get an idea in your head that just follows you around, begging you to just-stop-what-you’re-doing-already and give it a whirl? It happens to me quite often. 😉 Sometimes that’s a good thing, though, because that’s how these Mint Truffle Brownies were born!
I had picked up a package of these perfectly amazing Mint Truffle Hershey’s Kisses on a whim one day while I was out doing some Christmas shopping. I love mint and chocolate together, so these just seemed like the perfect little treat.
After I tore into the bag and ate a few, I knew I had to make something with them. Later on while I was driving (isn’t that where all good ideas pop up?!) the idea just came to me. Brownies, Mint Truffle Kisses, and mint buttercream: MUST. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN!
I made these with a boxed brownie mix and prepared the batter according to the package directions. I poured half of the batter into a pan, added in the Mint Truffle Kisses (I used 22, but you could use more or less), then poured the rest of the batter over the top.
I baked them then added on some homemade mint buttercream, which is SUPER easy to make! Last but not least I sprinkled on some mini chocolate chips for good measure, and BAM! Mint Truffle Brownies full of chocolaty minty goodness were born!
*NOTE: Next time I make these I will chop my Hershey’s Kisses in the food processor first. They melted pretty well while baking, but I’d like to give that a try.
Mint Truffle Brownies with Mint Buttercream
Mint Truffle Brownies:
- 1 (18 oz) boxed brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 package Mint Truffle Hershey's Kisses
- mini chocolate chips for topping,, optional
Mint Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- green food coloring
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Also preheat your oven to suggested temperature for the type of pan you are using. I prepared my brownies in an 11x7 inch glass pan and heated my oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease pan and pour in half of prepared brownie mix. Unwrap 20-25 Hershey's Kisses and evenly place on top of the first layer of batter. Pour remaining batter over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven according to package instructions for your pan, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mine were done after about 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
To prepare frosting:
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in vanilla, mint extract, and milk, and continue beating until ingredients are fully incorporated and mixture is smooth. Taste test the frosting and add more mint extract if desired.
- Stir in green food coloring, a little bit at a time, until desired color is reached. It didn't take very much since I was just trying to achieve a light green (mint) color.
- Spread frosting on top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips (if desired). Enjoy!