Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
This Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake is moist and delicious and full of sweet fall flavors. It’s sprinkled with a crumbly pecan topping then drizzled with a vanilla glaze. It’s the perfect treat for the holidays or year round!
This post may contain affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s Pumpkin Spice season, y’all!
What kind of recipe blogger would I be if I didn’t give you a pumpkin spice recipe here in the height of the season? I don’t know, but it just wouldn’t feel quite like October without at least one new pumpkin recipe to share.
And I have a feeling you’re going to really enjoy this one, because it is seriously one of my new favorites! I’ll be making this year round from here on out, not just in the fall.
This recipe would be fabulous for the holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, brunches, get togethers, lazy weekend mornings, etc. Ours ended up making an awesome grab and go breakfast for the week, too!
Tips and Recommendations for making Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
- My preferred vessel for baking coffee cakes is a 9 inch springform pan. It makes serving easy, and also makes for a lovely presentation. If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a regular, deep baking dish. If you use a 13×9 inch pan, your baking time will be shorter.
- I also like to make my streusel using my food processor. Within seconds my streusel is the perfect consistency and it takes minimal effort on my part! You can also do this without a food processor by using a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the cold butter into your dry ingredients. Sometimes I use my hands to mix it up, too!
More Awesome Fall Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars
- Caramel Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Crockpot Pumpkin Dump Cake
- The Best Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Spiced Pumpkin Donuts
If you share this recipe or any other from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 Tablespoons butter,, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside. Mix together all streusel ingredients until crumbly, or pulse ingredients using a food processor (this is my preferred method). Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients beating over low speed.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture then top with remaining batter. Sprinkle the rest of the streusel mixture over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until cake is cooked through and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze: combine melted butter, powdered sugar, 1 Tablespoon milk, and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth, only adding additional milk if mixture is too thick. Drizzle over the top of cooled coffee cake. Slice and enjoy!