Dulce de Leche Blondies
Recipe type: Dessert
Makes: 20 blondies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) package caramels
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture, beating over low speed.
- Spread ½ of mixture into the bottom of prepared baking pan, using a spatula to spread evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes.
- While bottom layer is baking, begin melting caramels in the evaporated milk in a medium sized saucepan over very low heat. Stir frequently until completely melted and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve about ⅓ cup melted caramel for drizzling over finished blondies. Pour remaining caramel over baked layer. Drop dollops of remaining dough over caramel layer, and swirl slightly with a knife. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When completely cooled, cut into squares. Reheat reserved caramel (I heated mine in the microwave) and drizzle over the top of the blondies. Enjoy!
Source: The Cookie Bible
Want some other delicious desserts? You might like these: