Greek Yogurt Smoothie
This Greek Yogurt Smoothie is the perfect healthy way to start your day! It’s full of vitamins and antioxidants, and tastes amazing, too.
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using my link.
I love smoothies for breakfast during the week, and they’re especially great when you’re not feeling well and don’t have much of an appetite.
Since it’s that time of year when sickness seems to abound, having nutritious, good for you options like this Greek Yogurt Smoothie is essential.
Enjoying a delicious smoothie is a great way to help keep your immune system primed, and is also an easy and healthy option when you’re fighting off a cold or the flu.
It’s also a great way to up your protein intake. I love to have either cottage cheese scrambled eggs or a Greek yogurt smoothie in the morning to keep my protein in check and help me fuel for a workout. Which also helps during the cold and flu season!
Even if regular-chewable food doesn’t seem all that palatable, a nice cold Greek Yogurt Smoothie is a great way to make sure you’re still getting some good nutrition. Plus it’s a little easier on a sore throat than your typical breakfast fare.
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- frozen mixed berries
- vanilla greek yogurt
- fresh spinach
- chia seeds
- milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- collagen powder or protein powder (optional)
How to Make a Smoothie – Step by Step
Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
You can add more ice or almond milk to achieve your desired consistency, but I find that the listed amounts of ingredients produce a really great Greek yogurt smoothie texture.
Tips and Notes for Making a Delicious Greek Yogurt Smoothie
Are smoothies good for you?
Yes! The health benefits from smoothies will vary depending on what you decide to put in them, but this Greek yogurt Smoothie is definitely full of good-for-you ingredients. Here are some of the nutrition highlights from the ingredients featured here:
- Mixed Berries are full of antioxidants which are great for disease prevention and overall wellness. They’re also high in fiber, vitamin C, manganese, and act as an anti-inflammatory.
- Greek yogurt is packed with protein to keep you full, and also contains calcium and probiotics for digestive health.
- Spinach contains superfood vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, and magnesium. Its health benefits are numerous, including the promotion of lower blood pressure, digestive regularity, and overall skin and bone health.
- Almond milk is lower in calories and sugar than its regular milk counterpart and also contains lots of Vitamin E which acts as an antioxidant. It’s great for heart, skin, and joint health.
- Chia seeds are supremely nutritious. They are full of antioxidants, Omega-3s, and fiber. They have also shown to help with weight loss and contribute to a reduced risk of heart disease.
How to Make a Smoothie Thicker
If you want a delicious super thick smoothie, there are a couple of things you can do to achieve this. One is to add more frozen fruit or ice. Frozen bananas or avocado are other excellent additions that will also add a creaminess to your Greek yogurt smoothie.
Next would be to add an extra scoop of chia seeds. They are full of fiber and will expand when combined with your other smoothie ingredients to create a nice, thick smoothie.
How to Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt
You can easily make your smoothie without yogurt. You can either leave it out, or replace it with some bananas or avocado to lend creaminess to your smoothie in its place.
How to Make a Smoothie Without a Blender
If you don’t have a blender, you can still make a delicious Greek Yogurt Smoothie. You will need to make sure that your fruit is nice and ripe, and not frozen. You can make it using the ingredients listed here using either a food processor or an immersion blender.
You can also use an electric hand mixer to make your smoothie, but you would want to leave out the spinach as it won’t properly incorporate. You can also use this same method using a fork to mash your fruit together with the almond milk in a bowl or mason jar, then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix together with a whisk.
My Favorite Blender for Making Smoothies
Depending on the volume you’re looking to make with your smoothies, I have two favorite blenders that always create perfectly creamy, well blended smoothies.
For single serve smoothies, I absolutely LOVE my Ninja Personal Blender. I use it multiple times a week for Greek yogurt smoothies and protein shakes. It has a small footprint and is very easy to use and clean. It also works great for blending things like spinach and chia seeds, thereby eliminating any chunks in your smoothie.
For larger smoothies, or when I’m preparing double or triple the amount of ingredients to make enough for my kiddos, I like to use my Vitamix blender. It’s a true workhorse and makes an incredibly smooth Greek yogurt smoothie!
More Easy Breakfast Ideas You Might Enjoy!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up for email updates HERE to have fresh recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
*If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I love to hear from you and always appreciate your feedback!
Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries, (I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds, optional, but they're such a great superfood
- 1 scoop collagen powder or protein powder, optional
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. You can add more ice or almond milk to achieve a desired consistency, but I find that the listed amounts of ingredients produce a really great smoothie texture.
- How to Make a Smoothie Thicker: If you want a delicious super thick smoothie, there are a couple of things you can do to achieve this. One is to add more frozen fruit or ice. Frozen bananas or avocado are other excellent additions that will also add a creaminess to your smoothie. Next would be to add an extra scoop of chia seeds. They are full of fiber and will expand when combined with your other smoothie ingredients to create a nice, thick smoothie.
- How to Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt: You can easily make your smoothie without yogurt. You can either leave it out, or replace it with some bananas or avocado to lend creaminess to your smoothie in its place.