If you’ve got a cookie exchange coming up, or really just any holiday get-together on your horizon, these Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat! Full of sweet cranberries and white chocolate, they’re sure to become a new holiday favorite!
Ok, so we are officially ten days away from Christmas! Can you believe it?! This holiday season has been going by so fast, and I’m trying to soak up every special moment. That can be hard to do when you feel rushed and busy, but making holiday memories with the kiddos is important to me, and I’m really trying to fit it all in. Baking up mountains of Christmas cookies is a big part of that, and that’s where these babies step in!
I first shared this recipe over on Kenarry a couple of weeks ago as part of a recipe exchange that Carrie and I do once a month. You might remember Carrie coming by with her recipe for Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies, and if you haven’t had a chance to check them out, make sure you do!
A couple of years ago, I went to my very first cookie exchange. It was put on by my “coffee group,” which is a traditional term for a group military spouses who get together to hang out and, well, now that I think about it….drink more WINE than coffee. But that’s another story… 😉
Looking back, I don’t know why I had never been to a cookie exchange before then! Have you ever attended one? Basically it’s where each person attending brings a different batch of cookies to share. Then, you get to walk around and take one or two from everyone else so that when you leave, you have a whole assortment of yummy Christmas cookies to take home! It was such a fun way to try out some new holiday treats, and it definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit!
If you’ve got a cookie exchange coming up, or really just any holiday get-together on your horizon, these Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat. They are so yummy and festive, plus they make me think of one of those extra special Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks. 🙂
So what’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Do you have an old-standby that you make every year? Share your ideas with me! I would love to hear them.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars over medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small separate bowl, sifting well. Gradually add to creamed mixture over low speed. Carefully stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips (by hand).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for a few minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
If you like these Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies, then you might also like: