This Fresh Strawberry Crisp is the best summer dessert ever! Fresh juicy strawberries are topped with a buttery and crumbly oat topping, and is absolutely swoothworthy with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Since we are in the middle of summertime, my kids are eating me out of house and home! I’m beginning to feel like I live at H-E-B, or live in their curbside pickup parking spaces. ???? Does anyone else feel this way?!
When I’m not at H-E-B, I’m probably at Sam’s doing the exact same thing. Now that the baby is drinking regular milk, we go through so many gallons a week it’s complete insanity! My eight year old can basically eat a casserole dish full of cereal every morning and STILL be hungry!
During my visits to Sam’s I usually grab one of those giant containers of strawberries. The strawberries are nice and sweet since it’s summertime, and the price is just right, too. My kids will eat any kind of berries, and usually just like to eat them fresh. But if there’s one dessert that’s seriously irresistible in the hot summer months, it’s this delicious Fresh Strawberry Crisp!
OH yes. It’s hard not to dive right into the bubbly pan right out of the oven! But letting it cool just slightly and adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream is pure bliss, y’all, really!
Special thanks goes to my husband who helped me create this Strawberry Crisp recipe after we took the kids berry picking back in May. We came home with two giant baskets of strawberries, blackberries, and two zucchinis after a hot day in the fields. I made zucchini lasagna for dinner and he tinkered around making the filling for the strawberry crisp.
When this came out of the oven, the warm, sweet smell of strawberries filled the room and we totally snuck some out of the pan while the kids were still outside playing. And maybe hid some of it for later, too. Do you hide your favorite foods from your kids, too? If you do, let me share with you an excellent hiding spot; the Instant Pot!!
Really, truly, it’s worked marvelously so far! The only problem is where to put the stuff when I pull the IP out to use. Because my kids are obsessed with stealing my Dove dark chocolates, it’s necessary around here to hide them. And if you don’t already own an Instant Pot, this is just another great reason to get one. You’re welcome.
More Delicious Summer Dessert Recipes
Strawberry Crisp Recipe
- 5 heaping cups fresh strawberries,, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter,, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a deep dish pie plate or large baking dish with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the chopped strawberries and sugar in a large bowl and mix until the strawberries fully absorb the sugar. Add in the cornstarch and vanilla extract and stir until all of the strawberries are evenly coated. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate medium size bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and stir well until well coated and crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!
If you like this Fresh Strawberry Crisp Recipe, then you might also like: